Wednesday, October 20, 2010

VELLUM UPDATE


Just a quick update to show the amber version of my vellum glaze I am working on. Up for your approval, a porcelain teabowl with my tigerstripe pattern under the amber vellum (AM10-10). The surface has that “old” look to it which is just fine by me, given how much I look the old studio pots of the Arts & Crafts Movement and really old raqqa ware.

I was able to make several different varieties of this glaze and am just not sure how to proceed with them. The crystalline white vellum shows promise, but I need to work on the ideas more as a large white vellum pot needs the right decoration and form.

Many thanks go to Colin Pearson, without whose original formulas, my vellum would still be in the testing for eternity stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment