Friday, August 2, 2013

PUSHED & PULLED

It is not exactly that I get bored easy, it is more about trying to see what I can do or what I can make of what I see in my head. I would be the first to admit, it doesn't always work out for the best, but the pursuit of each idea can ultimately lead to something unexpected and rather interesting. Illustrated is two views of a form that started out very round and then by pushing the form in at the middle, pulling the ends down a little and then  adding lobes to either side, I ended up with a neat oval bowl to which I added ringed lugs. This particular form is about 13" across and will act as a spring board for working out the idea. It all happened rather fast from thrown to altered and the addition of the lobes and gently accentuating each lobe just seemed natural as the form was evolving. Now I am wondering how this would respond in porcelain and what are the other possibilities.
"To climb steep hills requires slow pace at first."   Wm. Shakespeare
 

No comments:

Post a Comment