Friday, January 23, 2015

RINGKNOPF

Illustrated is a simple, straight forward iron yellow kushime covered jar with a type of knob I have used off and on for quite some time. This ring knob is made by pulling a length of clay, the same way you would pull a handle making sure to keep the pulled coil round. When I am pulling it I make sure the center part is just a bit thinner than the ends will be which allows for a good amount of clay to attach to the lid. I let it set up for a bit before bending it in half and cutting to size. Once attached, I use the end of a paintbrush to create a discernable circle within the knob and this helps create the impression of a ring set on the lid. There is nothing to fancy or complicated about the process or end result, but it is the details that get the job done.
"I have put my heart and soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." Vincent Van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment