Wednesday, August 30, 2017

MACRO

I have been playing around with the macro settings on my camera in an effort to try to capture details and effects that can easily escape detection in an average photo. In doing so, I turned once again to a Kon Chiharu Shigaraki tsubo that is on displayed on a bookshelf as it doesn't have another home, in other words, the box is missing but in some future shots I will use a wonderful Tsukigata Nahiko chawan that I recently studied and photographed. In this photo I tried to capture a close up of two rich, emerald green bidoro drips both with long and pronounced trails all the way back to the face of the pot and I think I was able to show the intensity of both. Like small, magical jewels, effects like these make for a rich keshiki landscape on wood fired pots and treasured high lights of Shigaraki and Iga pottery. This is another one of those examples I can point to when asked what it is about wood fired pots that I love so much and diversity is all I need answer.

"The details are not details. They make the design." Charles Eames



No comments:

Post a Comment