Monday, June 18, 2018

MUGGING

I don't really like to make a lot of mugs, usually only to go with dinnerware and as commissions which I recently finished. I was asked to make a set of eight mugs in my Oribe glaze and we decided on black slip decoration to accentuate the forms. I have learned a lesson or two about making orders and when you need eight it is best to throw a few extras and in this case I made eleven and ended up with three extras as all the pieces made it out intact. Illustrated is one of the extra mugs, mugging for its close-up and showing off the decoration under the glaze as well as how I finished off the handle which included a "thumb-button" to make the piece function a bit easier. The mugs are all about 4.75" tall or so and are a good managable size considering if left on my own they probably would each end up holding a pint, I guess it doesn't hurt to have some guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment