Friday, January 18, 2019

YASCP

Before anyone says anything, yes, another stupid cat photo. Back just before Thanksgiving my wife and I made our way to a fellow collectors home and then brought back a number of pots that the owner wished to part with and of course, Khan immediately was attracted to the big Oribe one first chance he got. In using the floor as a staging point for photographing what I did not realize was that the owner had a small slip of paper inside the large Kato Toyohisa Oribe jar as a means of identification and though I missed it entirely, Khan somehow did not. As I was photographing another piece, I realized that Khan was doing absolutely everything possible to get himself entirely in to the jar as his arm was just not long enough to reach the slip of paper. I retrieved the "cat toy" and showed it to Khan at which point he totally lost interest and went off to sleep somewhere. It is amazing how being brought up around pottery, he is extremely gentle with the pieces and even more surprising that he is just as aware of a piece of paper in the bottom of a jar at twenty paces.

"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."  Sigmund Freud

No comments:

Post a Comment