Wednesday, October 30, 2013

INTRODUCTIONS, IF YOU PLEASE

At the insistence of my wife and possibly to preserve what tiny amount of sanity I still have, Mindy found me a new studio assistant. His name is Gosu-mezzer-Khan, Khan for short and like most assistants, he will have to be taught the fundamentals which I can only assume will be challenging. Khan is an old style Siamese seal point and I am not 100% he was born, rather created in an evil genius' laboratory as he is equal parts jet engine, cuddly toy, industrial coiled spring and military grade explosives. Like his predecessor, I doubt he will be much help mixing glazes, packing orders or unloading trucks, but his presence and companionship will be welcome none the less.
A very thoughtful internet friend sent the following Kinky Friedman quote from an obituary of his cat in relationship to our loss of Jun, I think it applies to cats, living or remembered; "Dogs have a depth of loyalty that often we seem unworthy of. But the love of a cat is a blessing, a privilege in this world."

3 comments:

  1. what a sweet guy and proud of himself, sorry about the loss of Jun. Does he talk like some Siamese cats do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is very chatty, especially when I am not paying attention to him or he wants some food. It is a most welcome conversation though.

      Delete