Monday, May 20, 2019

SIMPLE INLAY

Illustrated is a detail shot of some simple glaze inlay that I did on a series of small, square dessert plates recently. Each plate is approximately 8" x 8" and glazed in my temmoku with fine line inlay using the medieval green. what I like about this technique is that where the medieval green meets the temmoku, it has a soft, blurry effect creating iron tendrils that make their way into the light green decoration, it softens the overall appearance and makes for a natural look. The decoration itself is my basic "landscapeman" design that is only a bit wider than a pencil tip that is altered to look like cosmic or stellar intersections which I have mentioned before stems from an old Sci-Fi movie. Each small plate has the same basic theme but was decorated differently to complement each other which quite honestly made it easier on me and the eye as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment