Wednesday, April 17, 2024

ON THE OFF CHANCE

Illustrated is my old amber ressurected and used on a test yunomi on the off chance that it would work with a bit of wash over the surface. This addition was last minute when glazing a couple of weeks back and made its way between some v-bowls filling those dreaded empty nooks and crannies of the kiln. The addition of the manganese/ copper wash really adds to this surface and creates a depth to the glaze that it lacks as well as a bit of motion to the surface. I am rather glad the idea popped into my head as I was glazing and am looking forward to trying it on a less textural surface to see if the surface is as interesting without all of the fluting. I am in the process of glazing currently and further testing will have to wait until the next cycle unless something comes up and it usually does.

No comments:

Post a Comment