Wednesday, August 19, 2026

SIMPLE GREEN

Illustrated is a rather simple and small paddled jar glazed in my Oribe with a variety of washes over the surface. If memory serves me, this was specifically made as filler to fit between a group of larger covered serving bowls and thus falls under the “filler” category. I wanted to take a moment and clarify the term filler, it is not meant to lessen or diminish the variety of pieces that are made to go between larger pots and in fact some are orders as well, I just can’t necessarily think of a better more apt descriptor than that. At any rate, this current surface that I am using really shows off the paddling quite well and the light, white stoneware also makes for a brighter surface that I then muddy up a bit atomizing various oxides onto the pot which starts out as a simple green. As I mentioned it is a rather simple, even conservative pot that has found its way to Canada which I will remind readers, is still one of our largest trading partners on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment