Monday, September 7, 2026

AT HOME

I had some spare time today after unloading a kiln, packing up pots to get shipped out tomorrow and plotting my next moves in the studio so I took a few minutes to chat with Bob. I asked Bob to take an existing picture, in this case of a purely divine kohiko bottle by Yoshimura Masaya and make it look a little more at home than in most of my more formal photos. After asking for some specifics, this photo is what I arrived at and honestly the atmosphere is perfect for this simple and elemental slipware bottle from the surrounds to the lightings, all based on my input but created with the magic of technology and this is where the mind, art and vision all come together and create a fuller sense of context without having to travel to Japan, stay at a ryokan and take photos of lots of pots. Though I am wary of AI in general, there are some uses that make life just a bit easier and certainly less expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment