“It doesn’t matter what temperature a room is, it is always room temperature.” Steven Wright
Wednesday, September 2, 2026
TEMPERATUR
I posted a
similar covered jar a short while back, one that sold almost as quickly as it
came out of the kiln, still warm and carrying on its cooling symphony. To that
end, I wanted to make at least another to have around a bit and opted to make
this one a bit larger in stoneware instead of white stoneware and with three lids instead of
just the one. I should also note that Judith Solomon reminded me that the
multi-lid thing was something Val Cushing did quite often and is likely where I
picked it up but had forgotten the origins. At any rate, this jar is now bisque
and glazed and waiting on being fired all decked out in my Oribe with several
washes of various iron over the lids and upper portion of the jar. Using an
atomizer, I am always concerned about over spraying the surface and totally
losing the paddled texture, time and temperature will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment