Monday, September 21, 2026
ALTERNATIVE
I was scrambling around
looking through photos trying to find something to post but after all these
years and all the posts on my I, POTTER blog, Facebook and Instagram, it does
get to be a bit of a challenge putting up something new every time. As I was
searching through pictures, I came across this picture of the Tamaoki Yasuo
Oni-Shino chawan and thought this was a good counterpoint to the first photo.
Obviously in this picture, the chawan is shown off using an alternative
lighting source, the sun and presents a slightly differing perspective of the
pot. I have to admit, I am drawn to how the Shino glaze and the feldspar in
particular looks like it is frozen ice or quartz formed over millions of years
all the while being punctuated by iron spots and trails that create a landscape
the is visually mesmerizing, well, at least in my opinion. One feature that is hard
to miss is the highly reflective and metallic the iron that has made its way
into the surface becomes a main player in this symphony of clay, material and
fire. I was a bit reticent to putting up this additional or alternative view so
soon but seeing it on my computer screen, I think it was the perfect choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment